COMMANDER MOVING INC. IS A FULLY LICENSED AND INSURED MOVING COMPANY. IF WE CAUSE DAMAGE OF ANY KIND DURING THE COURSE OF YOUR MOVE, WE WILL DO OUR VERY BEST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY BEFORE WE LEAVE YOUR PLACE. IF UNABLE TO COME TO AN INITIAL AGREEMENT, WE WILL RESOLVE SAID ISSUES THROUGH OUR INSURANCE COMPANY. IN THIS EVEN, THE SETTLEMENT WILL BE BASED ON THE LEVEL OF COVERAGE YOU CHOOSE BEFORE YOUR MOVE.
At 60 cents per pound per article insures recovery at 60 cents multiplied by the weight of the item or the carton it’s packed in. Thus, if an item weighing 20 pounds is lost or damaged, you can recover $12.00 for that item (60 cents X 20 pounds). This is very minimal protection and your goods are probably worth considerably more.
This coverage is free and it comes with the move.
Coverage is 60 cents per pound per article.
ACTUAL CASH VALUE:
Actual Cash Value protection ensures recovery at the actual cash value (i.e., fair market value) of your lost or damaged item(s), up to the total value you declare. The carrier may charge for actual cash value protection, and will state the rate on the agreement.
This is also called Depreciated Value
The rate is $7.5 per $1000 of declared value.
Minimum coverage is $10000
Full value protection ensures recovery at the full value (i.e., replacement value) of your lost or damaged item(s), up to the total value you declare. The carrier may offer deductibles in combination with full value protection. You are responsible for deductibles unless an item is lost by the mover; refer to section on Limitations on the Carrier’s liability. The carrier may charge for full value protection, and will state the rate on the agreement.
The rate is $14 per $1000 of declared value.
Minimum coverage is $ 10000
When FRV coverage of $20,000 or more we offer the below deductible options;
|$250.00||$4.50 per $1,000|
|$500.00||$2.50 per $1,000|
The monthly rate is $1.00 per $1,000 of declared value. Minimum coverage is $10,000. Deductibles are offered on coverage over $20,000 or greater.
|$250.00||$1.00 per $1,000|
|$500.00||$0.50 per $1,000|
Commander Moving Inc. is liable for the value of the goods you ask them to transport. There are, however, different levels of liability. The level you choose will determine the type and amount of reimbursement you will receive if an item is lost or damaged. Be aware of the various types of protection available and the charges for each option. The contract and insurance should be signed before the start of each move.
Limitations on the Carrier’s Liability:
The carrier is not liable in a claim for loss or damage to articles in the following situations.
- Change in condition of flavor of perishables;
- Loss or damage caused by the shipper, including improper packing;
- Defect or inherent vice of the article, such as susceptibility to atmospheric changes;
- Insects, moths, vermin, ordinary wear and tear, or gradual deterioration;
- Mechanical or electrical derangement of musical instruments, electronic components or appliances, if there is no sign of exterior damage;
- Loss or damage caused as a result of any strike, lockout, labor disturbance, riot, civil commotion, or any act of any person or persons taking part in any such occurrence or disorder;
- Hostile or warlike action in time of peace and war;
- Breakage caused by normal handling of china, glassware, bric-a-brac, or other similar items, unless packed by the carrier;
- Liability of carrier for loss or damage shall be subject to your compliance with the rules for filing claims.
Please click here for our disclaimer.