Presidential Trivia - In honor of President's Day 2016
Commander Moving is busy moving customers today, even on President's Day. It may not be into the White House, but it's just as important to Commander Moving as it is to you. We take pride in moving your items with care and precision. If you would like to speak with us regarding your next move, please do not hesitate to contact us! #CommanderMoving. #BestMoversEastBay. #FreeEstimate.
We've compiled some fun trivia for you on President's Day:
- George Washington ws the only American president to be unanimously elected.
- Franklin Pierce was the first president to have a Christmas tree in the White House.
- John F. Kennedy was the first president to hold a press conference on television.
- William McKinley was the first president to campaign by telephone.
- Theodore Roosevelt was the first president to call his residence in Washington, D.C. the "White House". Prior to his term, it had been called the Executive Mansion or the President's House.
- When Millard Fillmore moved into the White House, it didn't have a Bible. He and his wife, Abigail, installed the first library.
- William Henry Harrison served the shortest presidency, dying just 32 days after he was elected.
- Jimmy Carter was the first president born in a hospital.
- George Washington was the only president who did not represent a political party.
- At age 69, Ronald Reagan became the oldest person ever elected U.S. president.
- Warren Harding was the first president to speak over the radio.
- James Buchanan was the only president that never married.
- Theodore Roosevelt was the first president to travel outside the U.S. - Panama.
- John Adams was the first president to reside in the White House, moving in November, 1800 while the paint was still wet.
- William Taft was the first president to own a car.
- Rutherford B. Hayes was the first president to visit the West Coast.
- Grover Cleveland was the only president married in a ceremony at the White House. He was also the first president to have a child born iin the White House.
- John Tyler was the president with the most children - he had 15.
- Benjamin Harrison was the first president to use electricity in the White House.
- Gerald Ford was the only president whose two assassination attempts against him were made by women.
- Richard Nixon is the only U.S. president to resign. He is also the only president to visit all 50 states and the first president to visit China.
- Herbert Hoover donated his salary to charity.
- When John Adams and his family moved to Washington to live in the White House, they got lost in the woods north of the city for several hours!
You can trust Commander Moving to never get lost on our way to your new home (or to your old home, for that matter!). We are available for all of your moving needs, big or small, residential or commercial. Happy President's Day!! #CommanderMoving. #BestMoversEastBay. #FreeEstimate.